Saturdays, 8am-12 noon at Catawba Farms
June 2nd - September 8th.
Fresh from our farms, right to your table...
A garland of photos of the Market.
About the Market
The Farmers' Market at Catawba Farms opens at 8:00am and closes at 12:00 noon. Located on the grounds of the old Sigmon Farm, now known as Catawba Farms, the Market is easily accessible from Rte 321 Business (Southwest Boulevard) in Newton, NC, across from Southside Park. Enter at 400 Technibilt Drive for plenty of free parking, numerous vendors of produce and other commodities, crafts, and artwork. There's even a concession stand that offers beverages and fine food. Adjacent to the Market there are animals for young and old to enjoy. The 2018 season starts Saturday, June 2nd, rain or shine, as vendors will be located under cover of one of our large open-sided farm sheds.
The Market is open in season at the farm Saturdays at 8am. Watch for future announcements about our 2018 season.
Doggie Do's and Don'ts
Please help us keep the Farmers' Market at Catawba Farms dog-friendly. Click paw to toggle details:
- For health and sanitary reasons keep all dogs at least 10' from any produce or food vendor tables. Have a friend hold your dog while you are shopping the produce stands.
- All dogs must be on a leash — non-releasing/extending preferably.
- Take your dog for a walk before coming to the market.
- Keep a bag on hand...just in case.
- Do not leave your dog unattended.
- Be sure your dog is "kid and people-friendly". The Farmers Market is attended by many families with small children. Please be mindful of this.
- Please remember that not all people love or even like dogs.
If you bring a dog to the market and it starts barking at customers, biting, or starts a snarl with other dogs, you will be asked to leave.
If you can't resist petting the lovable pooches, please stop by the Information Booth for hand sanitizer before touching any produce and food items. ~ Thank you for your understanding!
If you're a vendor interested in selling at The Farmers' Market at Catawba Farms, watch this space for information about our upcoming 2018 Market, currently scheduled to run from June 2nd - September 8th, 2018.
Convenient to Catawba County residents and less than an hour from uptown Charlotte, yet a world away, the 34 acres of Catawba Farms provide the perfect backdrop for our weekly Farmers' Market. On the property you'll find The Peacock Inn at Catawba Farms bed and breakfast. The Inn occupies the core of the old Sigmon farmhouse built in the late 1800’s. Beautiful antiques abound but all rooms have been recently remodeled. It is a five bedroom facility with a large master bedroom and four upper rooms for your stay. Consider booking a room at the Inn to complete a memorable weekend.